29.1.05
But if Christ is in you... your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
another one from back in the day - August 2003


My life must be Christ's broken bread,
My love his outpoured wine...

My all is in the Master's hands
For him to bless and break;
Beond the brook his winepress stands
And thence my way I take,
Resolved the whole of love's demands
To give, for his dear sake.

-Albert Orsborn

When I meditate on the first two lines of that song, I think about
Scripture that I read yesterday, and I wonder at the meaning of it all.

"You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart"
Psalm 51:16-17

"Regarding Communion, remember that it is a mystery. Christ in us is
unexplainable yet so very real. For all that God has revealed, there is so
much more that we do not know. We need to embrace the mystery."
John Norton

Christ in me is entirely unexplainable. A mystery. Will I embrace this mystery?




--------------------------------------
 
posted by Hezza at 6:00 p.m. | Permalink |


0 Comments: