3.1.05
Thoughts on Romans 1
Paul longed to see the Church in Rome so tht he could get together and impart a spiritual gift to them. Also to get together and mutually encourage one another by their faith.

Hmm.

I've just been home for a visit to my home church. In the months and weeks leading up to the visit, did I anticipate meeting with them to invite Holy Spirit to come and impart spiritual gifts?
No...
Did I plan a get-together with my brothers and sisters in Christ so that we could fellowship and share stories of what God is doing in our lives to mutually encourage one another and build up our faith through one another's testimonies?
No...
As a matter of fact, I asked to share with my home congregation and was denied because the service was already to 'full' and there would have been a possibility of the meeting running past the one hour standard.
Sad, but true.
However, as is the case when we let Him, Holy Spirit came upon me and I was able to share anyways, just before the closing song. Praise God. And as I stood and faced my family, all 200 of them in the pews around me and addressed them from my heart and through the Spirit and saw their faces uplifted, I was grieved in my Spirit that this kind of sharing is not commonplace in my church.
How are we meant to encourage one another if we don't even know what God is doing in each other's lives?
 
posted by Hezza at 9:36 p.m. | Permalink |


0 Comments: