18.8.06
july 20, 2006
Soon I'll be in Vancouver again...there's lots for me to look forward to in that. there's also lots of preparation for that. Not just for a class and a sermon, but fortification of my armour, a girding so that I will be a battlement there, not an opening or a diversion.

gird - prepare and strengthen onself for what is to come

battlement - parapet with gaps for firing from, forming part of a fortification

fortification/fortify - strengthen a place with defensive structures as protection against attack, invigorate or enlarge, strengthen with extra alcohol, make more nutritious by adding vitamins

I like that picture - my presence in the DTES being a fortification because the whole 'me' package brings a different flavour to the body - made more nutritous by the adding of a saint...forming a part of the kingdom fortification there, or re-asserting the position I had when I left.


Lord break me and remind me to want to prepare. I'm so easily distracted to other things. Especially housework because that has a definite beginning, end and immediate results, so it's satisfying. There's peace for me in that.

So onwards and upwards into study - which I actually really like but have been believing the lies of the devil and have convinced myself are tedious and boring. HA what a trip! I used to spend hours in The War Room with the lexicon and concordance and a bunch of different translations...
 
posted by Hezza at 6:43 a.m. | Permalink |


0 Comments: