14.1.05
I've been reading through Francis Frangipane's book, The Three Battlegrounds. It's been a work in process over months of picking it up and putting it back down. Needless to say, it's been quite a kick at the cat. Not to sell the work short, it is a cornucopia of wisdom and teaching. I have found clarity in its pages and would like to offer some of what I have gleaned on to you.

"It is significant that the process of deliverance quite often involves a season of inner conflict and turmoil. This is a good sign, signifying the individual's will desires to be free. We should expect a time where we must exercise our authority in Christ as we 'resist' the devil (1 Peter 5:9a). Paul speaks of the 'struggle' of the church against principalities and powers. There will be a period of fighting involved in the process of pulling down strongholds, for you are breaking your agreement with a foe who will fight to remain in your life." Francis Frangipane, The Three Battlegrounds, p23

What a Hallelujah resounded from my lips at this revelation! It is lovely to me to read a book that is so commonsensical. I was pleased to receive confirmation of something that I had been experiencing in my spirit. In my Christian walk, I have often felt that I was caught in Romans 7 so I KNOW what that feels like, however these last few weeks have rather been a horse of a different colour. I feel as though I have not sinned - quite the converse- I'm riding the tidal wave of major repentance and deliverance from spirits of manipulation and control.

So why don't I FEEL as though I am free? It actually feels HARDER than it was before!

In the walking out of my freedom, according to Frangipane, I am step by step BREAKING AGREEMENT with the demons who have dwelt with me for so long, and they are actively fighting to remain in my life. No wonder its a challenge! They want back in!

Happily though, I can claim that just because I don't "feel" free doesn't change the truth that I AM free. One of my most treasured quotes (and there are many in the vault) comes from prophet and teacher Patricia King, and is found in her book "Third Heaven, Angels and Other Stuff".

"In the faith realm, feelings are not valid if they are contrary to the truth." p45

Therefore, even though my soul will try to convince me that I am heavy and oppressed and miserable, my spirit man will rise up and speak the truth to me:

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." Galatians 5:1

Thankyou Yahweh, for the wisdom that pours through your Word, and through the teachings of those who have gone before me.

 
posted by Hezza at 5:23 p.m. | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 6:15 p.m., Blogger Soulpadre

    Awesome! Thanks for the wriggling out of the cocoon!
    It's the wrestling that gives us strength.

    You, go!

    peace