3.1.05
"Only God can keep all His promises."

My sweetie promised to call me tonight.
He never called.
That's a tough one for me, because I'm stuck in this place of 'if you say you're going to do something, you need to do it.' Integrity is a big deal to me. However, God's Word warns me specifically about that:

"It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in people.
It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in princes." Psalm 118:8-9 NLT

Not only must I avoid putting my trust in men over the Lord, I have to include those I hold in high esteem - even people like the General, or the Pope, those that I want with all of my heart to trust will always make the right decision - people like Stephen and Rob and Elaine...(!)
But the Lord says no. Some months ago He reminded me that no man pulled me out of the pit or sin, no man brought me into relationship with a Lover like no other. No man got me to where I am today. Only Jesus. Only Jesus.
For, “All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall"
But my Jesus is forever. Perfect forever. Loving forever. Faithful forever.
Amen.
 
posted by Hezza at 10:52 p.m. | Permalink |


0 Comments: