3.1.05
Words have power
IN a testimony I gave last year, I impulsively chose to adopt these Words from the book of James:

Faith Under Pressure
"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."
James 1:2-4 The Message
Ever since that moment, whenever I am feeling overwhelmed with the ferocity of my sinful nature or spiritual attack from the enemy and am tempted to become embittered and start complaining and slide into a general 'snit' (as my father would say) Holy Spirit draws me gently but firmly back to James 1:2-4.
Consider it a sheer gift.
Having just had Christmas, and having been blessed with a package or two under the tree, I GET the idea of gifts. Seeing it sitting there, the anticipation of opening it and enjoying whatever is inside, allowing it to bring a smile to my face and delighting in it for years to come...
but tests and challenges...how can I consider those to be gifts?
The deal is that if you're going through something that feels unbearable (trust me, I'm with you) all that is happening is that God is growing your faith and building maturity. He is making you complete. So no worries - you're not a complete failure and God still loves you. As a matter of fact, He's ensuring that you and I become well-developed, not deficient in ANY way. He is making us holy. He is making us perfect.
Until then, 'mid all the traffic of the way, turmoil without, within', allow me to share with you the wise words of my brother Jacktor Mfon Akpan:
"As long as we smile, the enemy shall remain confused."
Glory to God,
Ruhani
 
posted by Hezza at 11:13 p.m. | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 12:07 p.m., Blogger Carla

    Great one Righteous. I'm visiting lots..> Great devo read.